COCA News December 2008
In this Issue
More on Degenerative Disc Disease – Stan Innes
How Can Chiropractic Become a Respected Mainstream Profession? – Murphy D, Schneider M, Seaman D, Perle S, Nelson C.
Photo spread from the National Conference – October 2008
Cochrane Collaboration Updates and Meta Analytic Reviews
- Can weight loss prevent cancer?Can physical activity influence head and neck cancer risk?
- Prevalence of chronic pain after traumatic brain injuryWhat? Cheerleading causes most severe sports injuries in young women!
- A double blind randomized clinical trial for lateral elbow pain comparing cortisone and placeboIs there a link between migraine, vascular risk, and cardiovascular events in women?
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may be associated with increased aortic stiffness
Cranial Osteopathic Biomechanics, Pathomechanics & Diagnostics for practitioners
- Author: Alain GehinReviewer: Dr Marnie Norfolk BSc MHS (Osteo)
Somatic Dysfunction in Osteopathic Family Medicine
- Authors: Kenneth Nelson & Thomas Glonek
- Reviewer: Yasmin Qureshi BSc (clinical), MHS (Osteo)
- Exercise and non-specific low back pain: A Literature ReviewWhich subgroups of patients with non-specific neck pain are more likely to benefit from spinal manipulation therapy, physiotherapy, or usual care?
- Oral Steroids in initial treatment of acute sciaticaEffect of therapeutic exercise for hip osteoarthritis pain: Results of a meta-analysis
- Adverse effects of spinal manipulative therapy in children younger than 3 years: A retrospective study in a chiropractic teaching clinicLife expectancy after lumbar spine surgery: One to eleven year follow-up of 1015 patients
- Course and prognostic factors of whiplash: A systematic review and meta-analysisModic changes: A systematic review of the literature