Purchase Online Education Modules
Formal Learning Activity
Individual Modules – 3 Hours
Full Program (10 Modules) – 11 Hours
This 10 Module program was written by acclaimed chiropractic researcher Dr Simon Dagenais and based on the recently published book of the same name which he co-authored with Dr Scott Haldeman. The program is specifically designed for chiropractors and osteopaths to help them understand Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) and the scientific evidence supporting the most popular interventions for the treatment of low back pain, in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step process.
The program comprises 10 Modules which can be purchased as a complete set or alternatively Modules 3-9 can be purchased and completed individually. Note: The purchase of individual modules will include the Introductory modules 1 & 2 and the Summary module 10.
Module I covers an introduction to epidemiology, methods, terminology, limitations and management protocols of EBM, while Module 2 covers the evidence based assessment and management of acute low back pain. The remaining modules deal with the different interventions used in the management of low back pain and provide the user with the level of evidence supporting each particular treatment as well as their attendant costs, safety, harms and applications.
The modules comprising this comprehensive program include:
Module 1 Evidence based medicine and low back pain
Module 2 Evidence based assessment of low LBP & evidence based management of acute LBP
Module 3 Spinal manipulation, mobilisation & massage
Module 4 Stabilisation and strengthening exercise and McKenzie Therapy
Module 5 Electrotherapeutic and physical agents and traction
Module 6 Lifestyle changes, education, watchful waiting, Back School and fear avoidance
Module 7 Cognitive behaviour therapy and functional restoration
Module 8 Nutritional supplements and acupuncture
Module 9 Common analgesics
Module 10 Summary
At the completion of this program participants should be able to:
- Understand the epidemiology, methods, terminology, limitations and management protocols of Evidence Based Medicine
- Understand the evidence based assessment and management of acute low back pain.
- Know the evidence supporting the common interventions used by chiropractor and osteopaths in the management of low back pain
- Know the cost effectiveness of the common interventions used by chiropractor and osteopaths in the management of low back pain
- Know the safety and harms of the common interventions used by chiropractor and osteopaths in the management of low back pain
Costs (inc GST)
COCA Members: Complete program $337.50 – Individual modules $90.00
Non – Members: Complete program $450.00 – Individual modules $120.00