- Standard Rate: $120.00
- COCA Member Discount: $90.00
- COCA CPMember: $90.00
Prices include GST
Purchase Online Education Modules
CPD Hours: 2 Formal
The aim of this program is to revise healthcare workers knowledge and comprehension of how infections are spread and Standard and Additional Precautions. Using the World Health Organisation’s ‘5 Moments of Hand Hygiene’, this program provides a strong emphasis on the significance of hand hygiene as one of the most important strategies in preventing the spread of infection in a healthcare facility.
At the completion of this program participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Describe the ‘Chain of Infection’ and identify factors that contribute to the spread of infection.
- Discuss strategies to break the ‘Chain of Infection’.
- Define hospital acquired infection.
- Define the terms ‘Standard Precautions’ and ‘Additional Precautions’ and identify work practices that are appropriate for each precaution level.
- Describe the procedure for Occupational Exposure and discuss the safe handling of sharps.
- Access information regarding infection control issues and infectious diseases.